On November 3rd first responders from the Prairie Village fire department will visit our school, talk about fire safety, let the children get up close to their equipment and gear, and tour the fire truck. It’s a fun day and a perfect time for your family to talk about your own safety plan. Check out this basic fire safety link for more information.
Here are a few things to do:
- Walk through your home and inspect all possible exits and escape routes.
- Install and inspect smoke alarms.
- Choose an outside meeting place (i.e. neighbor’s house, a light post, mailbox, or stop sign) a safe distance in front of your home.
- See if your house numbers are clearly visible from the street.
- Talk about the emergency phone number for the fire department.
- Practice a fire drill.
- Remember, once you’re out, stay out! Under no circumstances should you ever go back into a burning building.